Install Image

  • kc7wsu
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 8:35 AM
      Is the image for an embedded IRLP node available to download somewhere? I have several IDE Disk On Modules that I would love to install IRLP to so that I don't have to use a 40gb HDD for IRLP.

      I do not have a problem using dd from a bootable cd in order to install the .img

      Regards,

      Chris Andrist, KC7WSU
      IRLP Node 3205
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 8:52 AM
        The image is specific to the motherboard it is built for, and does not
        contain any additional drivers, right down to the motherboard chipset,
        ethernet adapter, and sound chipset. It was made to serve a single
        purpose, and that was to operate in a RAM environment, so it is stripped
        as thin as I could make it (about 35M)

        It will not work on anything but the VIA LN10000EG, and I am not willing
        to support it outside of the embedded nodes I offer.

        On the other hand, if you have a module that is 2G or larger, you can
        use it as a substitute for the HDD. Just install the OS on it as you
        would any other with the CD. That is all I do for the "full version"
        builds I have done.

        On 01/08/2012 8:35 AM, kc7wsu wrote:
        > Is the image for an embedded IRLP node available to download somewhere? I have several IDE Disk On Modules that I would love to install IRLP to so that I don't have to use a 40gb HDD for IRLP.
        >
        > I do not have a problem using dd from a bootable cd in order to install the .img
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Chris Andrist, KC7WSU
        > IRLP Node 3205

      • kc7wsu
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 9:18 AM
          If I were to purchase a VIA LN10000EG would you be willing to share the image with me?

          Regards,

          Chris, KC7WSU

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 9:33 AM
            I could, but it would need to go onto a 256M Transcend flash drive with
            the exact same bit count as the ones I use. For some reason some of the
            other models have different sized boot sector, and the DOS partition
            that launches the whole thing fails to initialize. Even when I tried to
            transition the 128M drives I used to use to the 256M, I had to basically
            rebuild the whole image from scratch, as writing the 128M image to a
            256M drive failed.

            I would also offer no support as to how to transition the PGP key, etc,
            because it does not follow the standard IRLP format of using a backup
            script, etc.

            Chris, I have tried this before twice, and it did not work with the
            client's equipment. I do not offer it as a download because I can not
            support it on hardware I do not configure myself.

            What size of DOMs do you have?