Re: startup file location for script fan_ctrl UPDATE

  • tentecorion
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2012
      OK, I did finally get the script to run, but only if I manuall start it. It doesn't seem to wantr to start itself when that server starts.
    • tentecorion
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2012
        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, AG0N-3055 <mcduffie@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 03:20:17 -0000, tentecorion wrote:
        >
        > > I guess I must be stupid but i have had no luck in geting this script to work. Here's what I did"
        >
        > I didn't look through the actual script in your note to see if you had
        > any problems in it (just woke up), but you don't say how long the
        > transmitter was keyed before you declared it not working. The script
        > does not start the fan immediately upon keyup. It assumes a fan is not
        > needed for short key periods. I believe that period is settable in the
        > script, and I think I run 30 seconds or so on mine.
        >
        > Sorry if I missed something and this doesn't help.
        >
        > Gary
        > --
        > http://ag0n.net
        > 3055: http://ag0n.net/irlp/3055
        > NodeOp Help Page: http://ag0n.net/irlp

        OK, it seems permissions was the reason I could not get it to run manually. I got that fixed. Then it didn't like lines 28 and 51:

        28: ${BIN}/aux"$AUXPORT"on
        51 ${BIN}/aux"$AUXPORT"off

        The macnihe interpreted these as auxauxport. I removed aux and now it runs fine but will not run the script automatically when the machine boots.

        Any help appreciated
        Tom NJ1K
      • tentecorion
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 17, 2012
          Ok, nevermind, I goty it all taken care of...

          Tom

          NJ1K