Re: [irlp-embedded] DNS problem

  • Michael Brooke
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2012
      On 2/13/2012 1:46 PM, David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:

      Sorry, Dave. I was unclear. The issue is resolved now but here was the problem. When I booted the embedded node, after the usual messages and after the ?login prompt occurred, I got a nessage there was an error with the DNS (I don't remember the exact message). When I tried to bring up 9990 or any other node, there was a delay of some15 to 30 seconds before I got the access message and in the case of 9990 no returned audio. I knew my Port forwarding was OK so I looked on the Yahoo group for information and found the reference to the etc/resolv.conf file. I entered my ISP's current DNS address into the file and I also added that DNS address into the cable modem. The I tried again with no better luck. Finally, I did what I should have done after making the changes. I rebooted the cable modem and everything was perfectly normal. Node is now working fine.
      Thanks
      Michael

      Please explain the issue fully?

      You turn on the PC and then you get a LONG delay when dialing ANY node,
      or just 9990?

      One of the things it does with the echo reflector is try to test a PING
      to the server. If that takes a long time to timeout, you may get that
      error. But that leads to an outright failure of the node.

      Can you call other nodes?

      Dave

      --
      Michael Brooke MD FRCPC