RE: [irlp-embedded] Node does not reboot after power loss?

  • Rick Bates
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2011

      Depending on the hardware vintage, that setting may be in the system BIOS.

      If it happens frequently, get a UPS so at least it can do a graceful shutdown on power loss (once the UPS is about to die).

      Rick WA6NHC

      From: k7iiv

      Node powers off after power loss. How do I change it to reboot instead of shut down?

      K7IIV
      Alan
      Node 3679

    • Randy Hammock
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
        It is a BIOS setting. Check there.

        On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM, k7iiv <k7iiv@...> wrote:
        Node powers off after power loss. How do I change it to reboot instead of shut down?

        K7IIV
        Alan

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           irlp-embedded-digest@yahoogroups.com
           irlp-embedded-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Randy Hammock
        Phone: 818-925-4576
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
          All embedded nodes are shipped with the AC Power Loss option to "ON". If
          the BIOS has been reset, or the battery has gotten weak and the BIOD has
          been reset, you may have to go into the BIOS and change it back to on.

          On 8/9/2011 10:34 AM, Randy Hammock wrote:
          > It is a BIOS setting. Check there.
          >
          > On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM, k7iiv<k7iiv@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Node powers off after power loss. How do I change it to reboot instead of
          >> shut down?
          >>
          >> K7IIV
          >> Alan
          >> Node 3679

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
            Can you tell me how to change the bios setting to on?

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
              Go into the BIOS, either F2 or escape during the inital part of the boot
              cycle. You need to do this from a PS2 keyboard, will not work with a USB
              keyboard.

              I think the option is under Power Management options. It is something
              about AC Power Loss, and you set it to ON.

              Then save the BIOS, and it should power on as soon as the DC power is
              applied to the power supply board.