Node does not reboot after power loss?

  • k7iiv
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
      Node powers off after power loss. How do I change it to reboot instead of shut down?

      K7IIV
      Alan
      Node 3679
    • Rick Bates
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2011

        Depending on the hardware vintage, that setting may be in the system BIOS.

        If it happens frequently, get a UPS so at least it can do a graceful shutdown on power loss (once the UPS is about to die).

        Rick WA6NHC

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
          It is a BIOS setting. Check there.

          On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM, k7iiv <k7iiv@...> wrote:
          Node powers off after power loss. How do I change it to reboot instead of shut down?

          K7IIV
          Alan

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             irlp-embedded-digest@yahoogroups.com
             irlp-embedded-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Randy Hammock
          Phone: 818-925-4576
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
            All embedded nodes are shipped with the AC Power Loss option to "ON". If
            the BIOS has been reset, or the battery has gotten weak and the BIOD has
            been reset, you may have to go into the BIOS and change it back to on.

            On 8/9/2011 10:34 AM, Randy Hammock wrote:
            > It is a BIOS setting. Check there.
            >
            > On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM, k7iiv<k7iiv@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Node powers off after power loss. How do I change it to reboot instead of
            >> shut down?
            >>
            >> K7IIV
            >> Alan
            >> Node 3679

          • Alan
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
              Can you tell me how to change the bios setting to on?

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9, 2011
                Go into the BIOS, either F2 or escape during the inital part of the boot
                cycle. You need to do this from a PS2 keyboard, will not work with a USB
                keyboard.

                I think the option is under Power Management options. It is something
                about AC Power Loss, and you set it to ON.

                Then save the BIOS, and it should power on as soon as the DC power is
                applied to the power supply board.