Re: [irlp-embedded] chk_irlp script

  • AG0N-3055
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2011
      On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:48:04 -0000, David wrote:

      > Is there a version of chk_irlp that works with Echolink nodes?

      Don't know.

      > The standard one responds with "You are currently connected to node number 5918" (5918 is MY IRLP node number!)

      I believe (if I remember correctly) it has been stated here that the
      reported status is just that when connected via Echolink. If so, you
      will see the same when you look at the IRLP status page. Look for
      confirmation of that from an older post from VE7LTD. It may be in the
      EchoIRLP group, so check all three groups.

      Gary
      --
      http://garymcduffie.com
      3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, AG0N-3055 <mcduffie@...> wrote:

        > On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:48:04 -0000, David wrote:
        >
        > > Is there a version of chk_irlp that works with Echolink nodes?
        >
        > Don't know.
        >
        > > The standard one responds with "You are currently connected to node number 5918" (5918 is MY IRLP node number!)
        >
        > I believe (if I remember correctly) it has been stated here that the
        > reported status is just that when connected via Echolink. If so, you
        > will see the same when you look at the IRLP status page. Look for
        > confirmation of that from an older post from VE7LTD. It may be in the
        > EchoIRLP group, so check all three groups.

        OK - Have done that - it appears that i need the 'qrz' script
        and i can't find it in any of the Files sections. Can anyone help?
        Secondly, I used to make great use of K6IB's IRLPVCON, but I don't
        think the storage space on the embedded node will take a full perl istallation. Again, can anyone help?

        73 Dave G4CLI
        --
        g4cli@...
        Dr David J Lockwood G4CLI
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
          There is no way to run the IRLPvCON on an embedded node, unless you are
          using a full CentOS4 install on a larger IDE flash drive.

          Dave