chk_irlp script

  • David
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2011
      Is there a version of chk_irlp that works with Echolink nodes?
      The standard one responds with "You are currently connected to node number 5918" (5918 is MY IRLP node number!)
    • AG0N-3055
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2011
        On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:48:04 -0000, David wrote:

        > Is there a version of chk_irlp that works with Echolink nodes?

        Don't know.

        > The standard one responds with "You are currently connected to node number 5918" (5918 is MY IRLP node number!)

        I believe (if I remember correctly) it has been stated here that the
        reported status is just that when connected via Echolink. If so, you
        will see the same when you look at the IRLP status page. Look for
        confirmation of that from an older post from VE7LTD. It may be in the
        EchoIRLP group, so check all three groups.

        Gary
        --
        http://garymcduffie.com
        3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, AG0N-3055 <mcduffie@...> wrote:

          > On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:48:04 -0000, David wrote:
          >
          > > Is there a version of chk_irlp that works with Echolink nodes?
          >
          > Don't know.
          >
          > > The standard one responds with "You are currently connected to node number 5918" (5918 is MY IRLP node number!)
          >
          > I believe (if I remember correctly) it has been stated here that the
          > reported status is just that when connected via Echolink. If so, you
          > will see the same when you look at the IRLP status page. Look for
          > confirmation of that from an older post from VE7LTD. It may be in the
          > EchoIRLP group, so check all three groups.

          OK - Have done that - it appears that i need the 'qrz' script
          and i can't find it in any of the Files sections. Can anyone help?
          Secondly, I used to make great use of K6IB's IRLPVCON, but I don't
          think the storage space on the embedded node will take a full perl istallation. Again, can anyone help?

          73 Dave G4CLI
          --
          g4cli@...
          Dr David J Lockwood G4CLI
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
            There is no way to run the IRLPvCON on an embedded node, unless you are
            using a full CentOS4 install on a larger IDE flash drive.

            Dave