Re: [irlp-embedded] Using Echolink with the new Embedded Node

  • Carl Sorensen
    Message 1 of 8 , May 15, 2011
      Welcome to the EchoIRLP embedde Node!  I had the same problem on knowing how to operate to Echolink side.  Robert is correct on the star * and 73 disconects on both IRLP and echolink.  They both work great! Have fun es 73.

      Carl Sorensen
      NB7C-R #43417
      IRLP #3417

      Message 2 of 8 , May 16, 2011
        Several of you commented about "*" (star) before the EchoLink node number.
        I assume that it's possible to change this to "#"?

        73 Dave G4CLI

        --
        Dr David J Lockwood G4CLI
        Secretary and Head of Training
        Message 3 of 8 , May 16, 2011
          Yes, there is a line in the

          /home/irlp/custom/custom_decode

          file which chooses the prefix. The applicable chunk of the file is below:

          if [ "$USE_ECHOIRLP" = "YES" ] ; then

          if [ "$1" = "73" ] ; then
          "$ECHO_SCRIPT"/echo_end
          exit 1
          fi

          # Echolink Prefix detector
          eval `echo $1 | awk -v num=1 '{
          print "PRE="substr($1,1,num);
          print "NODE="substr($1,(num)+1,length($1))}'`

          #Call echolink conferences using star node method
          if [ "$PRE" = "S" ] ; then "$ECHO_SCRIPT"/echo_call $NODE ; exit 1 ; fi

          fi

          Where is says "$PRE" = "S", change that to "$PRE" = "P".

          Valid characters as 0-9, P(#), S(*), A, B, C.

          D is NOT a valid character

          Don't forget to "flash_sync" the changes.

          On 5/16/2011 9:58 AM, David Lockwood wrote:
          > Several of you commented about "*" (star) before the EchoLink node number.
          > I assume that it's possible to change this to "#"?
          >
          > 73 Dave G4CLI

        • David
          Message 4 of 8 , May 17, 2011
            Thanks, Dave! We're in the process of changing to an embedded node, and we don't want the users to become too confused.

            73 Dave G4CLI