Re: [irlp-embedded] Using Echolink with the new Embedded Node

  • Harold Gilbert
    Message 1 of 8 , May 15 1:33 AM
      On my irlp system I have to key the * first then the echolink number etc>  *235481 as a sample * then the number

      On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM, n5kf <N5kf@...> wrote:

      Got the new Embedded Node up and working (after spend too long figuring out the Port Forwarding on Westell 6100 that Verizon changed the firm ware on for me.)

      Question now...how do I dial a Echolink node? I can get calls, but no idea on how to call a Echolink Node. Do I put something in front of the node number? I tried to dial a 5 or 6 digit node number...but nothing happens.

      When it boots, says Echolink Enabled just fine, also shows fine on Echolink status page, and receives calls fine.

      Thanks,

      Bob Redoutey
      Node 3437
      Georgetown, TX

      --
      Harold G. Gilbert
      K5MES

    • Carl Sorensen
      Message 2 of 8 , May 15 6:14 AM
        Welcome to the EchoIRLP embedde Node!  I had the same problem on knowing how to operate to Echolink side.  Robert is correct on the star * and 73 disconects on both IRLP and echolink.  They both work great! Have fun es 73.

        Carl Sorensen
        NB7C-R #43417
        IRLP #3417

        Message 3 of 8 , May 16 9:58 AM
          Several of you commented about "*" (star) before the EchoLink node number.
          I assume that it's possible to change this to "#"?

          73 Dave G4CLI

          --
          Dr David J Lockwood G4CLI
          Secretary and Head of Training
          Message 4 of 8 , May 16 10:21 AM
            Yes, there is a line in the

            /home/irlp/custom/custom_decode

            file which chooses the prefix. The applicable chunk of the file is below:

            if [ "$USE_ECHOIRLP" = "YES" ] ; then

            if [ "$1" = "73" ] ; then
            "$ECHO_SCRIPT"/echo_end
            exit 1
            fi

            # Echolink Prefix detector
            eval `echo $1 | awk -v num=1 '{
            print "PRE="substr($1,1,num);
            print "NODE="substr($1,(num)+1,length($1))}'`

            #Call echolink conferences using star node method
            if [ "$PRE" = "S" ] ; then "$ECHO_SCRIPT"/echo_call $NODE ; exit 1 ; fi

            fi

            Where is says "$PRE" = "S", change that to "$PRE" = "P".

            Valid characters as 0-9, P(#), S(*), A, B, C.

            D is NOT a valid character

            Don't forget to "flash_sync" the changes.

            On 5/16/2011 9:58 AM, David Lockwood wrote:
            > Several of you commented about "*" (star) before the EchoLink node number.
            > I assume that it's possible to change this to "#"?
            >
            > 73 Dave G4CLI

          • David
            Message 5 of 8 , May 17 11:12 AM
              Thanks, Dave! We're in the process of changing to an embedded node, and we don't want the users to become too confused.

              73 Dave G4CLI