Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: wireless usb adapter

  • David Cameron
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2011
      The CentOS 4.9 does not have a driver for the RTL8187. That does not mean you can't make it work, but it will require that you compile a module for it to work under the kernel. These steps are pretty clearly explained in the google searches on the subject.

      The problem is the driver will be kernel specific, so you will have to block any updates of the kernel, or the module will fail on update.

      The CentOS 5.x version does support the RTL8187

      From: "Brian" <brdresser@...>
      Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:01:27 -0000
      To: <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] Re: wireless usb adapter

      I should have added the chipset I was looking at using (Realtek RTL8187L) If this is not compatible could you share which chipset you tested it with?
      Thanks