Remote Access using the php facility

  • denniswj
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2011
      For quite a while I have been able to remote access my node without any problems.

      I haven't used this function for a good 12 months, but i wanted to access again.

      AS usual nothings straight forward it turns out that I'm missing a the
      following:
      root@localhost root]# grep: /etc/htpasswd.irlp: No such file or directory

      The htaccess file in the /home/irlp/scripts/admin_php_scripts refers to this file.

      How can I get this feature back.

      Regards

      Dennis
      VK2DWJ
      Embedded Node 6233
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2011
        I can't see any reason why that fine would disappear.... On my embedded
        nodes, the file is called just /etc/htpasswd - Not sure why yours is
        htpasswd.irlp

        My suggestion would be to make sure it was gone, and then rebuild it.

        (as user root)

        rm -f /etc/htpasswd.irlp

        htpasswd -c /etc/htpasswd.irlp remote

        That will recreate the /etc/htpasswd.irlp file, and set a password for
        use remote.