Audio Problem

  • Stephen Johnston
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2011
      I have an odd audio problem, The node will make a connection to another node or
      the test node on ether IRLP or echolink. In the case of a active node (ie
      reflector) I can hear the audio coming back to me but the stations on the
      reflector can not hear me. When connected to the audio test node (IRLP or
      Echolink) the test node will answer back by keying up but audio was recorded for
      the return. I am at a loss to find the problem, The node IP is going through the
      routers DMZ and every thing was working until a few days ago. I have been having
      internet problems and will have a tech. from the provider come and test the
      system. Is there anything I should be checking that may have changed or require
      changing.

      IRLP Node 1300
      EchoLink Node 74852
      Steve Johnston
      VE6CYR
    • David Cameron
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2011
        Stephen,

        The following statement makes no sense:

        "When connected to the audio test node (IRLP or Echolink) the test node will answer back by keying up but audio was recorded for the return."

        This is the key to finding your problem. But without a better explanation of your symptoms, I can't suggest a solution.

        From: Stephen Johnston <ve6cyr@...>
        Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:20:24 -0800 (PST)
        To: Yahoo embedded<irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [irlp-embedded] Audio Problem

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2011
          My bad typing.

          I will connect to the IRLP audio test node ( 9999 ) and do a test. When I unkey at my end the test node will respond but no audio. ( audio was not recorded ) To put it another way if I connect to a node ( for example 1450 ) I can hear the users on the repeater, but they are unable to hear me although I am keying up the repeater at there end there is no audio.

          IRLP Node 1300
          EchoLink Node 74852
          Steve Johnston
          VE6CYR

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2011
            This is one of 3 problems:

            1) The sound card mixer source is set incorrectly. When you run the program aumix, there needs to be an "R" beside the LINE entry.

            2) The IGAIN level in aumix is set too low.

            3) The input of the sound card has been damaged by a static surge or other issue.

            I have seen all 3 in the past.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2011
              This is one of 3 problems:

              1) The sound card mixer source is set incorrectly. When you run the program aumix, there needs to be an "R" beside the LINE entry.

              I don't seem to be able to get this to work , can you show me the command line.

              2) The IGAIN level in aumix is set too low.

              This is set very high right now it was the first thing I tried.

              3) The input of the sound card has been damaged by a static surge or other issue.

              If this is the case will the system require to be sent back for repairs?
              I have seen all 3 in the past.