Problem solved but needs a little work - My Solution to Remote Scanning IRLP

  • ipscone
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 25, 2011
      It really didn't take me long to set this up.

      I went with ProScan, since I already had it for programming my scanner. I am
      also using WinAmp for my audio client. It has a nice display and displays tags.

      I am using SignalLink as a USB sound card. This is the one area that I need to
      work on. Not that there's anything wrong with SignalLink but this audio
      connection requires all the volumns turns up to near max. Decent audio
      though... just not as loud as I'd like. I would prefer the same volume level
      without having the controls set to max. Anyone have a good audio suggestion?

      Here is a graphic of the setup (if the link disappears, I will have it in my
      photo section):

      http://www.msdsite.com/irlp/Remote_Scanning.jpg

      I think I will be buying a BCD996XT and make this a permanent setup. Right now
      I'm using my 396XT and I'd prefer to have that with me.