"Connection Refused" error?

  • ipscone
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2011
      My Remote panel was working fine. After I did a flash_sync, it stopped working. It will display properly the status of the node. I can enter DTMF commands from the radio but whenever I try to enter a DTMF from the remote panel, I get the following error:

      "Failure : Connection refused (111)
      Server side command listener is not active."

      I was logged in as "root" when I did the flash_sync.

      I didn't change anything, that required flash_sync. I was just testing to see if an added script file needed to be followed by "flash_sync". I changed nothing on the system, except add a script that's not even used, to see if it would remain after a sync.

      Any idea what might be wrong?
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2011
        If you rebooted the node, you have to wait a few minutes before the
        server-side listener starts. It is not started as part of the boot up
        scripts currently.

        It starts on a process check that runs every 20 minutes or so. I bet it
        it working now.

        Dave Cameron

        On 1/21/2011 12:30 PM, ipscone wrote:
        > My Remote panel was working fine. After I did a flash_sync, it stopped working. It will display properly the status of the node. I can enter DTMF commands from the radio but whenever I try to enter a DTMF from the remote panel, I get the following error:
        >
        > "Failure : Connection refused (111)
        > Server side command listener is not active."
        >
        > I was logged in as "root" when I did the flash_sync.
        >
        > I didn't change anything, that required flash_sync. I was just testing to see if an added script file needed to be followed by "flash_sync". I changed nothing on the system, except add a script that's not even used, to see if it would remain after a sync.
        >
        > Any idea what might be wrong?

      • ipscone
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2011
          You would win that bet. :-)

          Quick question: The script I loaded, just for test, shows up with "root" owner, and all the other scripts are "repeater". If one adds a script, should it be "repeater" owner or is "root" ok?

          Thanks,
          Mike

          PS: That second node is getting close. It has cleared customs and is now in the U.S. postal system. If it's coming from Vancouver, it might be here today or tomorrow. ;-)

          Mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 21, 2011
            It depends who has to run it... As a rule of thumb, set all scripts as
            user "repeater". The easiest way to do this is to write them all as user
            repeater.

            Dave