Re: [irlp-embedded] Nightly System Updates

  • AG0N-3055
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2011
      On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:49:16 -0800, David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:

      > If you have cool things to add to the script, consider sharing them with
      > the group, and we may make them part of the base distribution.

      Yes, please. I'm not a php person but have wanted to change the format
      of that page every since it was installed. :o)

      Gary
      --
      http://garymcduffie.com
      3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2011
        One of the changes I made to our nodes was to use "decode 73" instead of "end" in the remote_admin script.  Although this was primarily for EchoIRLP reasons, there may be other reasons to call decode instead of just end in order to run custom_decode on disconnect.

        I've made several changes/additions to index.php too. Just a few added little features.  Like additional edit file entries for EchoIRLP custom files.  I also added a drop down select list of common or favorite  (SKYWARN) nodes we connect to. The select list is built dynamically from a "weblist" text file, so they can be edited from the edit form, like other files. It just avoids the need to know and type in the DTMF command for these nodes.

        Regards,
        David
        WD5M

        [repeater@wx5fwd scripts]$ diff remote_admin remote_admin.irlp
        46c46
        <       $SCRIPT/decode 73 > /tmp/output 2>&1
        ---
        >       $SCRIPT/end > /tmp/output 2>&1

        On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:49 AM, David Cameron (IRLP) <dcameron@...> wrote:
        The index.php is one of the files that updates automagically. Not sure
        why yours had not updated in many months - Can't explain that one.

        But running "update files" on the node will overwrite whatever file you
        have with the one from the server. It does not update based on dates.

        If you want a file to keep, you have to add it to the

        /home/irlp/custom/update-file-list

        Add an entry --exclude=index.php

        If you have cool things to add to the script, consider sharing them with
        the group, and we may make them part of the base distribution.

      • ipscone
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2011
          No biggie. This is what my control panel looks like (index2.php, to avoid updating)

          http://www.msdsite.com/temp/control.jpg

          Mike