Re: [irlp-embedded] Help!

  • Donald Jacob
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
      Dave,
      I just flash_sync'ed.
      I have no idea why he is changing it.
      He gives me the internet on the hill for free so guess I can't complain too much.
      I'll change the IP and gateway as you pointed out and keep my fingers crossed.

      73
      Don  WB5EKU

      On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:42 PM, David Cameron <dcameron@...> wrote:

      No, your best bet would be to manually change the IP in the

      /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf

      file. Then reset the computer and wait for the router to be changed.

      My big question is why are they changing your IP?

      From: Donald Jacob <wb5eku@...>
      Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:29:44 -0800
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] Help!

      My site owner just informed me that he is changing the LAN on my
      hilltop Saturday (Its Friday night).
      I can't get up there for a few days.
      Where in the embedded system is the IP address and gateway address stored?
      I need to change from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.1.xxx

      The set-static-ip script says "don't use this script remotely".

      Can I use netconfig safely?

      Thanks
      Don WB5EKU