Help!

  • Donald Jacob
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
      My site owner just informed me that he is changing the LAN on my
      hilltop Saturday (Its Friday night).
      I can't get up there for a few days.
      Where in the embedded system is the IP address and gateway address stored?
      I need to change from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.1.xxx

      The set-static-ip script says "don't use this script remotely".

      Can I use netconfig safely?

      Thanks
      Don WB5EKU
      Node 3830
    • David Cameron
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
        No, your best bet would be to manually change the IP in the

        /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf

        file. Then reset the computer and wait for the router to be changed.

        My big question is why are they changing your IP?

        From: Donald Jacob <wb5eku@...>
        Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:29:44 -0800
        To: <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [irlp-embedded] Help!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
          Oh yes, don't forget to flash_sync before the reboot.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
            Dave,
            I just flash_sync'ed.
            I have no idea why he is changing it.
            He gives me the internet on the hill for free so guess I can't complain too much.
            I'll change the IP and gateway as you pointed out and keep my fingers crossed.

            73
            Don  WB5EKU