Re: [irlp-embedded] Very long delay on startup

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
      It sounds to me like your COS is stuck on. The node will wait for close
      to a minute before it keys the TX.

      Dave Cameron

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
        I just logged in and had a look around in the node, and I do not see
        anything that would cause this. I would check to make sure that the
        connected radio is on and not receiving a signal before trying to start
        the node.

        On 1/4/2011 12:48 PM, David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:
        > It sounds to me like your COS is stuck on. The node will wait for close
        > to a minute before it keys the TX.
        >
        > Dave Cameron
        >
        > On 1/4/2011 8:26 AM, ipscone wrote:
        >> Lately I'm noticing a very long delay on startup. I get the "IRLP Node
        >> Enabled" and "EchoLink Enabled" within 30 seconds or so, and this is
        >> followed my my callsign.
        >>
        >> Lately the delay from initial both of these "Enabled" notice to the
        >> callsign is taking 5 minutes or longer. Still quick on the enableing but
        >> very long to the callsign. This is important because I cannot use the
        >> node, until I hear the callsign. The node ignores all inputs, until it
        >> gives the initial callsign.
        >>
        >> I have a very good internet connection so I doubt that is the issue.
        >> Anyone know what controls how long this takes? or what might be the
        >> solution? It appears the script is waiting for something, before it
        >> completes.
        >>
        >> Mike
        >> KC7VE

      • ipscone
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
          I will try disconnecting all the cables and reconnecting. I have checked, during startup and didn't see any activity on the radio so I don't think that is the issue. It has just started doing this after some time of inactivity. I thought perhaps there might have been an update script that was running.

          I just moved the node from my jeep to my house, temporarily, but it was doing that in the Jeep recently too.

          Oh well, it's not a big deal, as long as it eventually starts. Once it's going, it works fine without any delays or problems.

          Mike