Very long delay on startup

  • ipscone
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
      Lately I'm noticing a very long delay on startup. I get the "IRLP Node Enabled" and "EchoLink Enabled" within 30 seconds or so, and this is followed my my callsign.

      Lately the delay from initial both of these "Enabled" notice to the callsign is taking 5 minutes or longer. Still quick on the enableing but very long to the callsign. This is important because I cannot use the node, until I hear the callsign. The node ignores all inputs, until it gives the initial callsign.

      I have a very good internet connection so I doubt that is the issue. Anyone know what controls how long this takes? or what might be the solution? It appears the script is waiting for something, before it completes.

      Mike
      KC7VE
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
        It sounds to me like your COS is stuck on. The node will wait for close
        to a minute before it keys the TX.

        Dave Cameron

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
          I just logged in and had a look around in the node, and I do not see
          anything that would cause this. I would check to make sure that the
          connected radio is on and not receiving a signal before trying to start
          the node.

          On 1/4/2011 12:48 PM, David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:
          > It sounds to me like your COS is stuck on. The node will wait for close
          > to a minute before it keys the TX.
          >
          > Dave Cameron
          >
          > On 1/4/2011 8:26 AM, ipscone wrote:
          >> Lately I'm noticing a very long delay on startup. I get the "IRLP Node
          >> Enabled" and "EchoLink Enabled" within 30 seconds or so, and this is
          >> followed my my callsign.
          >>
          >> Lately the delay from initial both of these "Enabled" notice to the
          >> callsign is taking 5 minutes or longer. Still quick on the enableing but
          >> very long to the callsign. This is important because I cannot use the
          >> node, until I hear the callsign. The node ignores all inputs, until it
          >> gives the initial callsign.
          >>
          >> I have a very good internet connection so I doubt that is the issue.
          >> Anyone know what controls how long this takes? or what might be the
          >> solution? It appears the script is waiting for something, before it
          >> completes.
          >>
          >> Mike
          >> KC7VE

        • ipscone
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
            I will try disconnecting all the cables and reconnecting. I have checked, during startup and didn't see any activity on the radio so I don't think that is the issue. It has just started doing this after some time of inactivity. I thought perhaps there might have been an update script that was running.

            I just moved the node from my jeep to my house, temporarily, but it was doing that in the Jeep recently too.

            Oh well, it's not a big deal, as long as it eventually starts. Once it's going, it works fine without any delays or problems.

            Mike