IRLP and Kids: Can anyone help out?

  • scotchmandr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2010
      IRLP and Kids

      As a Father of four and waging a war against cheap toys; I have encouraged and succeeded in seeing all my kids Licensed and/or upgraded, this year alone. They chose HTs over Apples, and IRLP over PSP!

      Then on top of that they formed a Kids Amateur Radio Club (WK1RK).

      They have been soliciting used equipment with my help and the club is starting ok! You can read WHO donated WHAT, here:

      http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?p=2039358

      They have messed with Echolink on the computer for about 6 months but want it by radio as well. Then they discovered IRLP. Now they want to setup both or either.

      So I lose nothing by asking...

      Does anyone have a retired node or radio that they would donate or discount, on the condition it was used by the kids at WK1RK. Anything at all Ham related?

      I dont think that this request was out of place. These kids are looking for a ham interested in Kids setting up a permanent node dedicated to getting more kids into the hobby instead of videogames...

      IF it is, then let me know and I will delete the message with apologies.

      TNX 72/73, Phillip N8AYE

      Collecting donations for WK1RK
      Michigan Amateur Radio Kid's Net
      QRP-ARCI#14220