Re: [irlp-embedded] Audio file location

  • AG0N-3055
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
      On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:11:06 -0800 (PST), Stephen Johnston wrote:

      > I am trying to find the audio file that is sent out to the node being connected
      > to that announces the location and info on the incoming node. I have to change
      > mine as it is giving the wrong location now that the node has move to a new
      > town.

      Those files are not kept on your node. They are sent to all of the
      nodes you connect to. The only way to replace them is to upload new
      ones. Follow the instructions for creating the files and upload them
      per instructions. They will get sent to each node as you connect to it
      for the first time.

      Gary
      --
      http://garymcduffie.com
      3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
        Can you tell me where to find this upload location and instructions.

        IRLP Node 1300
        EchoLink Node 74852
        Steve Johnston
        VE6CYR

        On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:11:06 -0800 (PST), Stephen Johnston wrote:

        > I am trying to find the audio file that is sent out to the node being connected
        > to that announces the location and info on the incoming node. I have to change
        > mine as it is giving the wrong location now that the node has move to a new
        > town.

        Those files are not kept on your node. They are sent to all of the
        nodes you connect to. The only way to replace them is to upload new
        ones. Follow the instructions for creating the files and upload them
        per instructions. They will get sent to each node as you connect to it
        for the first time.

        Gary
        --
        http://garymcduffie.com
        3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
        NodeOp Help Page: http://garymcduffie.com/irlp

      • David McAnally

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
            On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:38:20 -0800 (PST), Stephen Johnston wrote:

            > Can you tell me where to find this upload location and instructions.

            Just noticed this is for an embedded node, but I don't think it makes a
            difference. I'll see if I can find the instructions. We are in the
            midst of a recreating and I just stopped by to catch up a little on my
            reading.

            Here's a link from the fresh installs page...
            http://www.irlp.net/new-install/afterinstallv2.pdf

            Step 3 shows you how to upload audio files. I'm sorry if this is not
            true for embedded nodes, but I don't know why it wouldn't be.

            At one time, Dave said he was working on a way to stream the files from
            each node to the other at the time of connect, but I don't think that
            was ever finalized. The old method described is to upload them to the
            IRLP server and they get shipped out to the nodes.

            Gary
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
              On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:48:36 -0600, David McAnally wrote:

              > Refer to page 15 of the IRLP embedded info document at
              > http://irlp.net/embedded/Embedded_Info.pdf

              Thanks, David. I hope I haven't led him astray with my non-embedded
              response. :o)

              Gary
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
                On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:01:39 -0700, AG0N-3055 wrote:

                > midst of a recreating and I just stopped by to catch up a little on my
                > reading.

                Hmm...at one time, that said recarpeting!

                Gary