Audio file location

  • Stephen Johnston
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
      I am trying to find the audio file that is sent out to the node being connected
      to that announces the location and info on the incoming node. I have to change
      mine as it is giving the wrong location now that the node has move to a new
      town.

      IRLP Node 1300
      EchoLink Node 74852
      Steve Johnston
      VE6CYR
    • AG0N-3055
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
        On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:11:06 -0800 (PST), Stephen Johnston wrote:

        > I am trying to find the audio file that is sent out to the node being connected
        > to that announces the location and info on the incoming node. I have to change
        > mine as it is giving the wrong location now that the node has move to a new
        > town.

        Those files are not kept on your node. They are sent to all of the
        nodes you connect to. The only way to replace them is to upload new
        ones. Follow the instructions for creating the files and upload them
        per instructions. They will get sent to each node as you connect to it
        for the first time.

        Gary
        --
        http://garymcduffie.com
        3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
          Can you tell me where to find this upload location and instructions.

          IRLP Node 1300
          EchoLink Node 74852
          Steve Johnston
          VE6CYR

          On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:11:06 -0800 (PST), Stephen Johnston wrote:

          > I am trying to find the audio file that is sent out to the node being connected
          > to that announces the location and info on the incoming node. I have to change
          > mine as it is giving the wrong location now that the node has move to a new
          > town.

          Those files are not kept on your node. They are sent to all of the
          nodes you connect to. The only way to replace them is to upload new
          ones. Follow the instructions for creating the files and upload them
          per instructions. They will get sent to each node as you connect to it
          for the first time.

          Gary
          --
          http://garymcduffie.com
          3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
          NodeOp Help Page: http://garymcduffie.com/irlp

        • David McAnally

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
              On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:38:20 -0800 (PST), Stephen Johnston wrote:

              > Can you tell me where to find this upload location and instructions.

              Just noticed this is for an embedded node, but I don't think it makes a
              difference. I'll see if I can find the instructions. We are in the
              midst of a recreating and I just stopped by to catch up a little on my
              reading.

              Here's a link from the fresh installs page...
              http://www.irlp.net/new-install/afterinstallv2.pdf

              Step 3 shows you how to upload audio files. I'm sorry if this is not
              true for embedded nodes, but I don't know why it wouldn't be.

              At one time, Dave said he was working on a way to stream the files from
              each node to the other at the time of connect, but I don't think that
              was ever finalized. The old method described is to upload them to the
              IRLP server and they get shipped out to the nodes.

              Gary
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
                On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:48:36 -0600, David McAnally wrote:

                > Refer to page 15 of the IRLP embedded info document at
                > http://irlp.net/embedded/Embedded_Info.pdf

                Thanks, David. I hope I haven't led him astray with my non-embedded
                response. :o)

                Gary
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 30, 2010
                  On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:01:39 -0700, AG0N-3055 wrote:

                  > midst of a recreating and I just stopped by to catch up a little on my
                  > reading.

                  Hmm...at one time, that said recarpeting!

                  Gary