Re: Difficulty with crontab and the 2G flash drive on the embedded node

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
      In order to use custom.crons, you have to create it. It is not there by default.

      The custom.crons will be read and configured when the script

      /home/irlp/scripts/update

      is run by user repeater

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "va6xg" <mhbrooke@...> wrote:

      > I looked through the posts, I really did, and cant find an answer. Using an embedded node with the 2Gig flash drive. Node 1870 is working fine except that it crashes periodically but it always starts on reboot. I noticed that the periodic announcements were not being broadcast. Checked the crontab files, both repeater and root, and the appropriate lines were missing. Then I noticed I have no custom.crons file. I tried putting the lines in the irlp.crons file but that did not work. When I try to update the files, the scripts do not work either and I still have not found a way of updating the repeater crontab. Can I just create a file 'custom.crons' and what is the command that will put the lines into the crontab file. Help please.

    • Michael Brooke
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
        Thanks for the help, as always. I appreciate the time you take helping people like me with their ignorance!
        Everything works fine now.
        Mike VE6XUK