Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: time is off

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21, 2010
      You must have a problem with your node, because all of the rdate servers
      are responding correctly.

      Is there a firewall blocking the traffic on your connection?

      Dave Cameron

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2010
        Yours will still work, but the embedded nodes have a script that is
        designed to sync to a server that has been removed. But if time.ncsu.edu
        decides to drop the service, you will have the same problem I had.

        Dave

        On 9/21/2010 5:10 PM, AG0N-3055 wrote:

        > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:40:05 -0000, ve7ltd wrote:
        >
        > > That will make sure your node has the latest time server script
        > available.
        >
        > Dave, is the info I am giving now incorrect, or is this an embedded
        > problem?
        > 10 6 * * * root /usr/bin/rdate -s time.ncsu.edu &>/dev/null 2>&1
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Gary
        > --
        > http://garymcduffie.com
        > 3055: http:// garymcduffie.com/irlp/3055
        > NodeOp Help Page: http://garymcduffie.com/irlp

      • Donald Jacob
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2010
          Dave,
          Traffic works fine. I have the ports on the router set and it has been
          up for 225 or so days now and able to connect, audio sounds good.

          Thanks
          Don WB5EKU
          Node 3830

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2010
            Well you ISP must be blocking access to the rdate port TCP 37, because
            it is working fine.

            What happens when you type the command

            rdate time.irlp.net

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 21, 2010
              Dave,
              the rdate command times out.
              Yes it must be blocked. The node lives at the repeater site and we get
              internet from the site owner. I will check and see if he will open
              port 37 TCP for the node.

              Thanks
              Don WB5EKU