updating file error Help

  • denniswj
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2010
      To all Experts out there.

      I have a problem in which you maybe able to help.

      The following is what i get when trying to update files.

      I do not know if the files have ever been updated when manually
      trying at root.

      I can't even find the cron.temp file.

      I can't even change the irlp.crons to suit local times.

      This is really bugging me.

      [repeater@localhost scripts]$ ./update files
      Obtaining best server IP ... found IP = 203.194.18.195
      Performing file update ...
      receiving file list ... done

      sent 1519 bytes received 6867 bytes 3354.40 bytes/sec
      total size is 8427866 speedup is 1004.99
      "/home/irlp/run/crons.temp":13: bad minute
      errors in crontab file, can't install.

      Regards
      VK2DWJ
      Dennis @ Scone
      IRLP 6233
      Echolink 2056
    • David Cameron IRLP
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2010
        What is happening is you have something placed into your "custom.crons"
        file that is corrupted. the custom.crons file is used as a scheduler.

        So I would have a look at what is in

        /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons

        I tried to log in remotely to your node to have a look, but I was unable
        to get through.