Re: [irlp-embedded] change network address/ info

  • dcameron@irlp.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2010
      1) Run netconfig and change the settings
      or
      1b) manually edit the /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf file

      2) Run the flash_sync command to save your changes

      3) Reboot

      That's all.

      From: Stephen Johnston <ve6cyr@...>
      Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 21:50:10 -0700 (PDT)
      To: Yahoo embedded<irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] change network address/ info

      I have to change my address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 (router change ) and I have done the change as I thought I remembered with "netconfig" but I can't get the system to take the new information when I run "ifconfig" it still shows the old setup. I found some instruction that said I had to use ifdown eth0 ; ifup eth0 but these commands are not recognized by the system.
      Can any one give me a refresher on how it is done.

      IRLP Node 1300
      EchoLink Node 74852
      Steve Johnston
      VE6CYR