Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: time question

  • Donald Jacob
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
      Dave,
      Thanks for the reply, and Jim too.
      It seems that there is a larger problem.
      When I try to update the time manually, directly to
      any of the NTP servers, I get the same timeout error message.
      Also, I have looked and looked in my embedded system and for
      the life of me I cannot find the set-time script. I'm probably
      looking right at it. but...

      I can set the time manually but not have it update.
      I have run the troubleshooting script and all is well!

      Don  WB5EKU
      Node 3830

      On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM, ve7ltd <dcameron@...> wrote:

      Unless the UBC machine has something to prevent outside IPs from obtaining the time data, it seems to be working fine for me here.

      There are literally hundreds of public NTP servers out there, and having super-accurate time is not a requirement of the IRLP.