APRS IRLP-node status beacon

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
      I am trying to setup the APRS node status beacon on our node. Has
      anyone successfully set this up on an embedded node? Will pearl
      scripts run on the embedded nodes? I can't seem to get it to run
      correctly on our node.

      73 - N5MXI
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
        There is no perl on the embedded nodes. There is no room for perl either.

        The APRS reporting script will have to be done in bash or php to work with
        embedded nodes.

        Dave Cameron

        On Tue,
        7 Nov 2006, David wrote:

        > I am trying to setup the APRS node status beacon on our node. Has
        > anyone successfully set this up on an embedded node? Will pearl
        > scripts run on the embedded nodes? I can't seem to get it to run
        > correctly on our node.
        >
        > 73 - N5MXI

      • Randy Hammock
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
          On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 17:30 +0000, David wrote:
          > I am trying to setup the APRS node status beacon on our node. Has
          > anyone successfully set this up on an embedded node? Will pearl
          > scripts run on the embedded nodes? I can't seem to get it to run
          > correctly on our node.

          DO NOT USE ANY OF THE SCRIPTS FOUND ON THE IRLP FILES AREA. THEY WILL
          LOCK UP YOUR SYSTEM. (All caps on purpose. I've asked that the current
          files be removed from the files area in the past.)

          --
          Randy Hammock KC6HUR
          IRLP 4494 EchoLink 120688 (KC6HUR-L)