Re: [irlp-embedded] upgrade - dns failure

  • dcameron@irlp.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2010
      Sounds like you don't have your default gateway setup correctly, or the ethernet cable is not plugged in correctly.

      Type

      route

      to see what the default gw is set to.

      You can change it in the netconfig program.

      From: "Frank" <la9ky@...>
      Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:54:03 -0000
      To: <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] upgrade - dns failure

      Hi,
      Have upgraded my embedded 5466 with the new drive.
      No connection to nodes, troubleshoot- script says dns failure and then some incoming ports failure,

      resolv.conf has
      search ip.irlp.net
      nameserver "my network dns address"

      node has public ip, not behind router.

      ifconfig eth0 shows correct ip

      Any ideas anyone?
      Otherwise I go back to old drive...:-)

      Frank/la9ky
      5466
      5467

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2010
        Hi David,

        thanks, there it was, did not realize that network settings could change after the drive swap.
        I'm back on, the aumix setting seems to be correct as well...

        By the way, this is the node I told u about that was on a heli site, took it down last week :-)

        73's
        Frank