Re: COS issue?

  • w7lmw
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010
      Ho Dave,

      Sorry I should have said I already switched the jumper. Any other ideas? Should readinput print anything when I key up the HT and see the node radio sql open?

      Thanks,
      Louis

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, David Cameron IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

      > By default, the embedded node COS jumper is set in the LOW position.
      >
      > You will have to open up your IRLP node and change the COS jumper on the
      > IRLP board. In all recent versions of the Embedded nodes, that is really
      > easy to do.
      >
      > The jumper is labeled and marked H COS L
      >
      > Dave Cameron
      >
      > w7lmw wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I am trying to get my embedded node running. I am using a FT-8100 as the
      > > node radio. I am at the step where I am setting the audio levels and was
      > > able to play the prerecorded message and set the transmit level. When I
      > > connect to the reflector echo node I hear the welcome message. When I
      > > transmit from my HT I hear my signal on the node radio but I never see
      > > the node radio key up to echo my message. So far I have switched the COS
      > > jumper in the node to match the FT-8100. I checked pins 6&7 on the back
      > > of the embedded node and I see the signal go from 0 to 4.1V when I key
      > > up the HT. I also ran readinput on the node and I don;t see any output
      > > about the COS. It does tell me when I press any of the DTMF keys so the
      > > audio is getting to the IRLP board. Any suggestion about what to check next?
      > >
      > > Louis Wilcox
      > > node 7717

    • David Cameron IRLP
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010
        Yes, the COS light on the IRLP board should light up, and the readinput
        should follow.

        Can you verify for sure that the center pin of the COS jumper is seeing
        the same voltage change that the pin 7 is, and the jumper is in the
        right position.

        Also, you can try changing the "LGC SEL" switch to the other position.
        That will change the voltage range of the comparator from 2.7V to 1.7V.

        Do you get "negative" COS action when you have the COS jumper in the "H"
        position (ie the COS lights up when idle, and turns off when the squelch
        is active?

        Dave Cameron

        w7lmw wrote:

        > Ho Dave,
        >
        > Sorry I should have said I already switched the jumper. Any other ideas?
        > Should readinput print anything when I key up the HT and see the node
        > radio sql open?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Louis
        >
        > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:irlp-embedded%40yahoogroups.com>, David Cameron IRLP
        > <dcameron@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > By default, the embedded node COS jumper is set in the LOW position.
        > >
        > > You will have to open up your IRLP node and change the COS jumper on the
        > > IRLP board. In all recent versions of the Embedded nodes, that is really
        > > easy to do.
        > >
        > > The jumper is labeled and marked H COS L
        > >
        > > Dave Cameron
        > >
        > > w7lmw wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Hello,
        > > >
        > > > I am trying to get my embedded node running. I am using a FT-8100
        > as the
        > > > node radio. I am at the step where I am setting the audio levels
        > and was
        > > > able to play the prerecorded message and set the transmit level.
        > When I
        > > > connect to the reflector echo node I hear the welcome message. When I
        > > > transmit from my HT I hear my signal on the node radio but I never see
        > > > the node radio key up to echo my message. So far I have switched
        > the COS
        > > > jumper in the node to match the FT-8100. I checked pins 6&7 on the
        > back
        > > > of the embedded node and I see the signal go from 0 to 4.1V when I key
        > > > up the HT. I also ran readinput on the node and I don;t see any output
        > > > about the COS. It does tell me when I press any of the DTMF keys so
        > the
        > > > audio is getting to the IRLP board. Any suggestion about what to
        > check next?
        > > >
        > > > Louis Wilcox
        > > > node 7717

      • w7lmw
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010
          Hi Dave,

          Looks like when I switched the jumper I missed the center pin. Once I fixed that it is working correctly. I am getting some static in my signal so I need to work on that.

          Thanks a lot for your help.