Audio - wobble

  • Don Morehouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2006
      Hi Group.
      The audio coming and going from my node(s) is distorted and echoing.
      Both nodes are Embedded EchoIRLP Nodes. This seems to be something
      from a change that has been made as this has only been happening for
      about 10 days and the nodes worked fine for over a month prior. Have
      talked to people that have not heard this type of audio on any other
      node. Several stations have made comments about the audio and have
      described it as echo, wobble, flutter, and re-verb sounding. This has
      been tested on both nodes using Ref 9739 and node to node and it comes
      and goes. Sometime it is there for the whole transmission and
      sometimes it comes and goes during the transmission. Other
      transmissions are free from this from start to finish. This is heard
      on both ends. Tested using both ADPCM and the new UNCOMP CODEC and it
      is there in both cases. It is usable but annoying.
      I have followed the posts about the EchoIRLP node that had this sort
      of problem with Echolink stations and have done node updates etc to no
      avail.

      Thanks.

      Don VE7EDA
      EchoIRLP Node 1811 (VE7FL-R or #311391)