Re: [irlp-embedded] Environment File problem

  • Rich Sytsma
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 2006
      Hello David,
      It is node 4960 ip address 68.78.250.253, I had it temp hooked up and was working fine, shut it down to move it and rewire things and when it came back up it would not pass any packets to node 4961 and lost the audio out of it to the transmitter. I did do a flash_sync before shutting it down to make sure the audio settings were saved.
      The ETH is plugged in but no radio hooked to it at the moment.
      You can try to call me on node 4961 if you need me to do something on this end, I will try to have radio with me but node 4961 doesn't have much range.

      Rich
      N9GPY

      David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
      That error is normal for embedded nodes, as they have custom pieces
      added on.

      What is not working specifically? What did you change that prompted a
      flash_sync?

      Can you send me your IP address and I can log in and have a look to see
      what is not working.

      On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, z9dog wrote:

      Hello

      We just put the new embedded IRLP node online and it worked on IRLP.
      It was then shut down to make some wiring changes after a flash snyc
      was done. When it was restarted it didn't work. After running the
      trouble-shoot script we got this

      **********************************
      *Environment File Corruption Test*
      **********************************

      TEST No. 10 Report - ERROR - There is corruption in the environment
      file. The
      problem exists at or near the following line(s):

      .  /home/irlp/features/features.env

      if [ $USE_ECHOIRLP ="YES" ] ;
      then  . $HOME/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment ;
       fi

      Please check the troubleshooting documents on how to solve this problem.
      I have looked at the file more times then I want to admit and don't
      see the error, nor understand how it got there.

      Could someone send me a copy of their embedded environment file to
      compare to this one, or edit and copy over to replace this one.

      Thanks

      David N9GVU
      fox05@...

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:irlp-embedded-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:irlp-embedded-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 25, 2006
        Hmmm, where it is connected? How is it connected? I see that the IP is
        routable and all that, but is there any type of firewall device between
        you and the internet?

        It is acting like the UDP ports are not forwarded, but I see you are not
        behind a router. The troubleshooting scriupt makes them look open, but
        that could be a factor of this firewall.

        It seems to send packets fine, but it is not receiving them. It is a
        factor of the connection at the new location somehow. I am able to send
        packets localally within the machine without issue.

        Dave Cameron

      • Rich Sytsma