New File System

  • k7pfj@skybeam.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009

      I installed the new flash drive Monday and we reset the audio levels. I noticed my node shows that its down  on the IRLP page but will connect to other nodes and reflectors.

      Mike Mullarkey K7PFJ

      Node 3003

    • dcameron@irlp.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
        The issue you are having with the status page is likely DNS related. I copied over the IP and DNS info from your other node, so it should have transferred over with the flash, unless something has changed.

        Have a look at the DNS servers set in your /etc/resolv.conf file. If they are not valid, your node will not report to the status page.

        The troubleshoot-irlp script will also find this.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009

          Hi Dave,

          I’m on a static IP connection directly to a layer 3 Cisco switch and nothing has changed on my IP end.

          Mike Mullarkey K7PFJ

          6886 Sage Ave

          Firestone, Co 80504

          303-954-9693 Home Office & Fax

          303-718-8052 Cellular

          The issue you are having with the status page is likely DNS related. I copied over the IP and DNS info from your other node, so it should have transferred over with the flash, unless something has changed.

          Have a look at the DNS servers set in your /etc/resolv. conf file. If they are not valid, your node will not report to the status page.

          The troubleshoot- irlp script will also find this.

          Dave Cameron

          ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
          David Cameron - VE7LTD
          IRLP System Designer - http://www.irlp. net

          From: <k7pfj@skybeam. com>

          Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 04:46:32 -0700

          To: < irlp-embedded@ yahoogroups. com >

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
            Well the file you sent me also had a 192.168.1.1 DNS server setup, so
            that was the problem. I have logged in and fixed the issue. There should
            be no issue with reporting any more.

          • k7pfj@skybeam.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
              Hi Dave,

              Thanks for looking at it but I don’t remember sending any file.

              Mike

              Mike Mullarkey K7PFJ
              6886 Sage Ave
              Firestone, Co 80504
              303-954-9693 Home Office & Fax
              303-718-8052 Cellular

              k7pfj@... wrote:

              > Hi Dave,
              >

              > I’m on a static IP connection directly to a layer 3 Cisco switch and
              > nothing has changed on my IP end.
              >

              > Mike Mullarkey K7PFJ
              >
              > 6886 Sage Ave
              >
              > Firestone, Co 80504

              > 303-954-9693 Home Office & Fax
              >
              > 303-718-8052 Cellular

              08:02:00
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
                The file was sent automatically by your node for the flash_upgrade. I
                may have logged in and done it for you.

                Either way, the wrong information was placed in your node for the DNS
                servers, and now I have placed a pair of widely used North American DNS
                servers.

                To be honest, the only thing that uses DNS is the status page :)