IRLP Remote control cable for the Icom 706 (CT-17)

  • craiginhouston
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2009
      Here is a link to the item I purchased on Ebay. I see the price and the shipping charge has gone up a bit. That's not very nice!

      http://cgi.ebay.com/CI-V-CAT-Interface-cable-for-ICOM-Radio-CT-17-CT17-NEW_W0QQitemZ310173050712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4837c12758

      Searching Ebay for the key words "icom ct-17" brings up a lot of good products. Check it out.

      Also, be warned that I have no idea how to use the USB interface on the IRP nodes so I won't be of any help if you purchase a USB to Icom cable.

      My friends tell me that the USB cable works great for controlling your icom radios from a windows XP laptop running the free "ham radio deluxe" software.

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

      > Pete W9PDN wrote...
      >
      > > do you have the link for the cable....from your earlier email
      >
      > Craig gave the item number. Just go to www.ebay.com and search
      > for 390090852384. Another example would be the more expensive
      > but USB item # 350229573814.
      >
      > Keith VE7GDH
      > Node 1148

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2009
        Craig WD5BDX wrote...

        > Also, be warned that I have no idea how to use the USB interface on
        > the IRP nodes so I won't be of any help if you purchase a USB to Icom
        > cable.

        Good point. Guess I'm used to looking for the USB version of CAT cables
        for general use. I was forgetting that this was on the E-IRLP list and
        your intended use was for an embedded node! A serial version is also
        available. It would certainly be easier.

        PS - congrats on a super idea to make a node frequency agile!