Re: [irlp-embedded] Changing frequency on the Icom 706 through the IRLP node ...

  • pdn1949@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
      Craig

      do you have the link for the cable....from your earlier email

      Thanks
      w9pdn/Pete

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2009
        Pete W9PDN wrote...

        > do you have the link for the cable....from your earlier email

        Craig gave the item number. Just go to www.ebay.com and search
        for 390090852384. Another example would be the more expensive
        but USB item # 350229573814.

      • craiginhouston
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 24, 2009
          Here is a link to the item I purchased on Ebay. I see the price and the shipping charge has gone up a bit. That's not very nice!

          http://cgi.ebay.com/CI-V-CAT-Interface-cable-for-ICOM-Radio-CT-17-CT17-NEW_W0QQitemZ310173050712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4837c12758

          Searching Ebay for the key words "icom ct-17" brings up a lot of good products. Check it out.

          Also, be warned that I have no idea how to use the USB interface on the IRP nodes so I won't be of any help if you purchase a USB to Icom cable.

          My friends tell me that the USB cable works great for controlling your icom radios from a windows XP laptop running the free "ham radio deluxe" software.

          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

          > Pete W9PDN wrote...
          >
          > > do you have the link for the cable....from your earlier email
          >
          > Craig gave the item number. Just go to www.ebay.com and search
          > for 390090852384. Another example would be the more expensive
          > but USB item # 350229573814.
          >
          > Keith VE7GDH
          > Node 1148

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 24, 2009
            Craig WD5BDX wrote...

            > Also, be warned that I have no idea how to use the USB interface on
            > the IRP nodes so I won't be of any help if you purchase a USB to Icom
            > cable.

            Good point. Guess I'm used to looking for the USB version of CAT cables
            for general use. I was forgetting that this was on the E-IRLP list and
            your intended use was for an embedded node! A serial version is also
            available. It would certainly be easier.

            PS - congrats on a super idea to make a node frequency agile!