Re: Flash Upgrade - Bug in upgrade script

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2009
      For some reason, the flash_upgrade file was corrupted in mirroring last night. I have fixed it up, and now you will have to run an "update files" to get the new version.

      If you run the flash_upgrade script as root and get
      : bad interpreter: No such file or directoryn/bash

      su - repeater
      ./scripts/update files
      exit
      flash_upgrade

      Dave Cameron

    • ak5z@arrl.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2009
        Dave:
        Is the flash drive just used to update the irlp-embedded box or does it need to be in place at all times?
        John, AK5Z

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2009
          It is a swap out for the older drive. You put it in place of the
          existing drive.

          Dave

          ak5z@... wrote:

          > Dave:
          > Is the flash drive just used to update the irlp-embedded box or does it
          > need to be in place at all times?
          > John, AK5Z

        • kb0jwr
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2009
            What if I fort my root password ?

            sry
            kb0jwr
            node 3833

            mjs
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 14, 2009
              If the node is setup with port 15426 forwarded, I can get into the node
              and reset your root password for you.

              I have just confirmed that I can do this, so all I need you to do is
              send me a password you would like set into the node, and I can set it
              for you.

              This is true of all embedded nodes, as long as the SSH key I installed
              was not removed (suggested in the Embedded Info Document).

              kb0jwr wrote:

              > What if I fort my root password ?
              >
              > sry
              > kb0jwr