Re: [irlp-embedded] EchoIRLP

    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
      You have to configure the EchoIRLP portion, in that you require a -R
      (repeater) or -L (link) Echolink account. All of the information
      required to configure your EchoIRLP portion of the node is located in
      the embedded info document that is available on the Embedded ordering page.

      It is as easy as changing the features file to YES, configuring the
      tbd.conf/userdata.txt/echo_environment files, flash_sync, reboot.

      Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing, and
      rebooting.

      The new filesystem that I will make available in a few days is the same,
      except you don't have to flash_sync :)

      Dave Cameron

      Keith VE7GDH wrote:

      > It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list...
      >
      > > ...my embedded node will do both IRLP (preferred) and Echo link.
      >
      > If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it
      > (going back to IRLP only) as simple as editing features/features.env to
      > change $USE_ECHOIRLP from YES back to NO again? Also, does it "just
      > work" by enabling it, or is EchoLink registration needed ahead of time?
      >
      > I take it that the EchoLink and IRLP side of things are kept separate...
      > i.e. no inter-connection?
      >
      > Keith VE7GDH
      > Node 1148

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
        Dave VE7LTD wrote...

        > Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing,
        > and rebooting. The new filesystem that I will make available
        > in a few days is the same, except you don't have to flash_sync :)

        Thanks for the info. Put me down for a files system upgrade
        when available!