no Sox and my feet are cold

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2006
      When I try to run a custom wav file on my embedded box using wavplay
      an attempt is made to execute a file called sox. I beleive this is a
      wav converter program. It does not appear to have been loaded to save
      space. Is there away to load the sox back on?
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2006
        /usr/bin/sox is included on all nodes

        What script are you trying to run? What is the exact error you are
        getting?

        Dave

        On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, David wrote:

        > When I try to run a custom wav file on my embedded box using wavplay
        > an attempt is made to execute a file called sox. I beleive this is a
        > wav converter program. It does not appear to have been loaded to save
        > space. Is there away to load the sox back on?

      • David George
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2006
          Sorry Dave…you are right I found sox. My wav file plays now but is extremely slow.

          The controller on our repeater has a limited vocabulary. I would like to create a wav file for local repeater ID.

          1. Is there a script already onboard that would allow this?
          2. What are the required parameters for the .wav file: 8bit etc…

          Thanks for your continued help.

           David George  davidgeo@...