Re: [irlp-embedded] Scheduler

  • Randy Hammock
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
      The WX scripts I wrote require that PERL be installed; hence, will not
      work on an embedded node because PERL is too big to be installed on
      such a system. Because it is such a low priority for me, I've never
      bother trying to convert to C to be compiled to a binary. I have
      enough systems running that I can have a server somewhere do the WX
      script and make the .ul file available for pickup as necessary.

      On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM, David Cameron (IRLP)<dcameron@...> wrote:
      > The scheduler would be fairly easy to write in the crontab files. If you
      > want I can help you with the first one, and you can copy that to others.
      >
      > This is all done by making a script to play the files you want, combined
      > with an entry into the "crontab" system, through the custom.crons file.
      >
      > Have a look crontab entries through Google searches.
      >
      > .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
      > |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
      > |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
      > |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
      > |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7)
      > |  |  |  |  |
      > *  *  *  *  *  command to be executed
      >
      > For example
      >
      > 0,30 6-22 * * * /home/irlp/features/speaktime/speaktime
      >
      > Would say the time starting at 6AM and running to 10:30PM, every half hour.
      >
      > As for weather service announcements, I am not sure how they work, but a
      > good idea would be to poll a website for an update, download the MP3
      > type sound file, and then play it on the repeater.
      >
      > I built one once, but then they changed the format of the site, and I
      > never re-wrote it.
      >
      > Dave Cameron
      >
      > Mike Mullarkey wrote:
      >> Does anybody have a scheduler running on their embedded node as of yet.
      >> The club wants to have wave file announcements and clock scheduler with
      >> time slots for particular events. Also has anybody been successful in
      >> running a weather announcement kind of like a S.A.M.E. Weather decoder
      >> like for Floor or severe weather stuff.

      Randy Hammock KC6HUR
      http://kc6hur.net
      IRLP 4494 / ALLSTAR 2035
      http://irlp.kc6hur.net
    • Mike Mullarkey
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009

        Hi Randy,

        That would be really cool and I am sure we could get John Maxwell N0WBW with Red Rocks Data center host the server and bandwidth but this will require someone who actually knows how to implement it. I will talk with John or if you want to host it that would be great as well.

        Mike Mullarkey K7PFJ

        6886 Sage Ave

        Firestone, Co 80504

        303-954-9693 Home Office & Fax