Re: [irlp-embedded] Scheduler

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
      The scheduler would be fairly easy to write in the crontab files. If you
      want I can help you with the first one, and you can copy that to others.

      This is all done by making a script to play the files you want, combined
      with an entry into the "crontab" system, through the custom.crons file.

      Have a look crontab entries through Google searches.

      .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
      | .------------- hour (0 - 23)
      | | .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
      | | | .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
      | | | | |
      * * * * * command to be executed

      For example

      0,30 6-22 * * * /home/irlp/features/speaktime/speaktime

      Would say the time starting at 6AM and running to 10:30PM, every half hour.

      As for weather service announcements, I am not sure how they work, but a
      good idea would be to poll a website for an update, download the MP3
      type sound file, and then play it on the repeater.

      I built one once, but then they changed the format of the site, and I
      never re-wrote it.

      Dave Cameron

      Mike Mullarkey wrote:
      > Does anybody have a scheduler running on their embedded node as of yet.
      > The club wants to have wave file announcements and clock scheduler with
      > time slots for particular events. Also has anybody been successful in
      > running a weather announcement kind of like a S.A.M.E. Weather decoder
      > like for Floor or severe weather stuff.
    • Randy Hammock
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
        The WX scripts I wrote require that PERL be installed; hence, will not
        work on an embedded node because PERL is too big to be installed on
        such a system. Because it is such a low priority for me, I've never
        bother trying to convert to C to be compiled to a binary. I have
        enough systems running that I can have a server somewhere do the WX
        script and make the .ul file available for pickup as necessary.

        On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM, David Cameron (IRLP)<dcameron@...> wrote:
        > The scheduler would be fairly easy to write in the crontab files. If you
        > want I can help you with the first one, and you can copy that to others.
        >
        > This is all done by making a script to play the files you want, combined
        > with an entry into the "crontab" system, through the custom.crons file.
        >
        > Have a look crontab entries through Google searches.
        >
        > .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
        > |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
        > |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
        > |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
        > |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7)
        > |  |  |  |  |
        > *  *  *  *  *  command to be executed
        >
        > For example
        >
        > 0,30 6-22 * * * /home/irlp/features/speaktime/speaktime
        >
        > Would say the time starting at 6AM and running to 10:30PM, every half hour.
        >
        > As for weather service announcements, I am not sure how they work, but a
        > good idea would be to poll a website for an update, download the MP3
        > type sound file, and then play it on the repeater.
        >
        > I built one once, but then they changed the format of the site, and I
        > never re-wrote it.
        >
        > Dave Cameron
        >
        > Mike Mullarkey wrote:
        >> Does anybody have a scheduler running on their embedded node as of yet.
        >> The club wants to have wave file announcements and clock scheduler with
        >> time slots for particular events. Also has anybody been successful in
        >> running a weather announcement kind of like a S.A.M.E. Weather decoder
        >> like for Floor or severe weather stuff.

        Randy Hammock KC6HUR
        http://kc6hur.net
        IRLP 4494 / ALLSTAR 2035
        http://irlp.kc6hur.net
      • Mike Mullarkey
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009

          Hi Randy,

          That would be really cool and I am sure we could get John Maxwell N0WBW with Red Rocks Data center host the server and bandwidth but this will require someone who actually knows how to implement it. I will talk with John or if you want to host it that would be great as well.

          Mike Mullarkey K7PFJ

          6886 Sage Ave

          Firestone, Co 80504

          303-954-9693 Home Office & Fax