problem backing up embedded node

  • va6xg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
      This must have been covered before but I can't find it. When I try to backup an embedded node using the 'backup_for _reinstall' command in the scripts directory, I get an error with the first file:
      <tar: stn*.wav : no such file or diectory>

      Does one back up the embedded node just by WinSCP-ing the /home directory to another machine??

      THanks.
    • donmor46
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
        Log in as root
        type "flash_sync"

        That will backup your node to the flash card.

        Don VE7EDA
        Node 1811

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
          The backup_for_reinstall script does not work with embedded nodes as
          written. Truthfully, there is no reason to back up an embedded node.

          I plan to fix the script so that it will work for embedded nodes in a
          few weeks.