new embedded node won't boot.

  • w7lmw
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2009
      I received a new embedded node last week and tried to fire it up this morning. I have it plugged into a 12v power supply and when I turn it on I get a blue LED on the front, a flash of lights on the keyboard and nothing else. Nothing on the monitor and no dhcp request on my router. Any ideas what to check?

      Thanks,
      Louis
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2009
        Please check my response to you direct. You say that you plugged it into
        a "12V power supply" and made your own power cable.

        You need to either use the supplied power adapter (120V to 12.0VDC), or
        run it on a 12V power supply that supplies EXACTLY 12.0V. 13.8V is too
        high, and you can damage the internal supply in the unit. You may have
        already done that accidentally.

        This is why I offer a "DC Power Option", which provides a supply that is
        very voltage tolerant (6-24VDC).

      • louis@louis-vicki.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2009
          Thanks Dave, I used the supplied PS and it is booting fine.