running echolink proxy on embedded node?

  • carlosmalt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2009
      Hi,

      I would like to run the echolink proxy on on my IRLP embedded computer. This would allow me to connect to my IRLP node via echolink while I'm traveling and don't have control over local firewall settings.

      Java and the proxy have probably too large of a memory footprint to fit into the standard configuration. Can I just replace the memory and flash drive with larger versions?

      How would I connect the echolink proxy to the thebridge locally?

      Thanks,
      Carlos, KI6FGR, 7272
    • David Cameron IRLP
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2009
        Carlos, I would not attempt to add an Echolink proxy to an embedded
        node. You could have another IRLP node owner or some other computer
        perform the task, but the overhead (files) and dependencies required to
        add java support are too large for the embedded computer.

        You could always just ditch the "embedded" software drive and put a
        large (4G or larger) IDE flash drive in there and run a full version of
        CentOS or Fedora instead.