No Audio out of DB9

  • Tim Sawyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
      I have a first run embedded. There never has been TX audio on pin 9 of the DB9 as described in the embedded instructions. I'm not sure if there is any RX audio on pin 8 (other than to the DTFM chip) as I've never tested it.

      As I'm getting ready to connect to another radio I'd like to use the DB9 for the audio. Is there some reason my node was built with no audio on the DB9? Can this be corrected?

      I took the cover off and looked to see if there was an easy way to jumper the audio to/from the audio jacks but it was not immediately obvious. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Tim, WD6AWP
    • David Cameron IRLP
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
        How have you fed audio to it in the past?

        There is a wire that runs from the DB-9 to the sound card on the inside
        of the node. It is possible that that has come loose or something. All
        it is is a bridge from the left channel of the line out to pin 9. There
        is a similar bridge between the left channel of the line in and Pin 8.

        Do you have one of the fanless cases? If so, you should check the DB9
        cable for possible damage as well.

        Dave Cameron