Serial port console

  • Don Jacob
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2006
      Dave mentioned the possibility of a serial port console on the
      embedded system. Any progress or is it a dead issue?

      Thanks
      Don WB5EKU
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2006
        I cant seem to manufacture a working null modem cable :) Once I do that
        I can play with it again.

        It is a simple addition to a few scripts to activate it. I just have to
        get the serial comms working between my laptop and the node.

        You can play with minicom, as it is installed on the embedded nodes. Then
        a terminal program like hyperterminal can be used to talk via serial at
        9600 (or faster) baud.

        I have not had much time to play with this lately, sorry.

        Dave Cameron