Starting Up an Enbeded Node, By a Newbie, With NO Experience, How Realistic???

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009
      Well the title says it all, I have a fair experience of windows PC stuff, But no Linux experience or of setting up nodes, Would it be mad or dangerous Hi Hi ?
    • Andrew Koenig
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009
        You should do OK. Embedded nodes pretty much work "out of the box" (except for the radio). If you want something with a nice GUI, and a radio built in, you should investigate the Micro-Node (the nice features come for a price though).

        I'm a 9th grader, and I just did a complete rebuild of my node due to a hard drive failure. If I can do it, you should be able to also.

        On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Kevin <kevin2960@...> wrote:
        Well the title says it all,  I have a fair experience of windows PC stuff, But no Linux experience or of setting up nodes, Would it be mad or dangerous Hi Hi ?

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:irlp-embedded-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:irlp-embedded-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Andrew Koenig

      • Donald Jacob
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009
          The manual that Dave supplies with the embedded node is all that you need.
          Read it first then read it again to make sure you understand it.

          73 Good luck
          Don  WB5EKU
          node 3830, 3903

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
            ew, and Don your help and opinions much appreciated, I am very Tempted to try and am now giving it very serious thought, Watch this space!

            Regards and 73

            Kevin