How does one change Reflector Timeout Value on Embedded Node?

  • ipscone
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2009
      In the custom folder there is a file called environment. It has a variable for reflector timeout value. It's set to 1 hour now (3600). So at first I thought I'd just make it 0 to have no timeout.

      Then, I noticed there was another file that just had a number in it. The file was timeoutvalue and the number was 3600.

      I changed the number in the environment file and flash_synced. But the timeoutvalue file still has the same number in it.

      What is the relationship between the timeout value in the environment file and the value in timeoutvalue? What is the proper way to set the timeout value (which file)?
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2009
        The file timeoutvalue is for node-to-node connections. In the
        environment file, you can set the reflector timeout value.

        If either is set to zero, there is no timeout on either connection.

        The script that connects to reflectors manipulates the value in the
        timeoutvalue file on each reflector connect/disconnect.

        Instead of using zero, I would highly suggest using a large number, such
        as 36000 for 10 hours, or adding the suffix "notimeout" to how the
        script is called.

        I have this in my custom_decode script:

        if [ "$1" = "9877" ] ; then
        "$SCRIPT"/connect_to_reflector ref9877 notimeout
        exit 1
        fi

        Dave Cameron