Re: [irlp-embedded] embedded irlp mobile

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2009
      Harold K5MES wrote...

      > I have an embedded node I purchased from VE7LTD in 2006 in Las Vegas
      > and I would like to install it in my car for the trip to Dayton, Ohio
      > hamvention. I wonder if I can hook the power supply from the embedded
      > node direct to the battery in my car? I have an ac adapter to plug
      > into 120 volts in the house and I noticed the output on the back of
      > the adapter shows 12-14 volts @5.00-4,28 amps.

      No, not unless you got the optional 12V power supply for the node. The
      vehicle supply voltage will be too high for the standard power supply.
      Look for the $60 option on the following page.

      www.irlp.net/embedded.html

      Warning... a power supply purchased now may or may not physically fit. I
      had to move the IRLP card in mine to make room for a 12V supply ordered
      later.

      I doubt if you will be able to get it in time. Perhaps you could get a
      small 12V to 120 VAC adapter locally for now. A 100W inverter
      should do the job.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH