embedded irlp mobile

  • k5mes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 11:47 PM
      I have a embedded node I purchased from ve7ltd in 2006 in Las Vegas and I would like to install it in my car for the trip to Dayton, Ohio hamvention. I wonder if I can hook the power supply from the embedded node direct to the battery in my car? I have a ac adapter to plug into 120 volts in the house and I noticed the output on the back of the adapter shows 12-14 volts @5.00-4,28 amps.

      Node number 4273
      K5MES (Harold)
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11 12:12 AM
        Harold K5MES wrote...

        > I have an embedded node I purchased from VE7LTD in 2006 in Las Vegas
        > and I would like to install it in my car for the trip to Dayton, Ohio
        > hamvention. I wonder if I can hook the power supply from the embedded
        > node direct to the battery in my car? I have an ac adapter to plug
        > into 120 volts in the house and I noticed the output on the back of
        > the adapter shows 12-14 volts @5.00-4,28 amps.

        No, not unless you got the optional 12V power supply for the node. The
        vehicle supply voltage will be too high for the standard power supply.
        Look for the $60 option on the following page.

        www.irlp.net/embedded.html

        Warning... a power supply purchased now may or may not physically fit. I
        had to move the IRLP card in mine to make room for a 12V supply ordered
        later.

        I doubt if you will be able to get it in time. Perhaps you could get a
        small 12V to 120 VAC adapter locally for now. A 100W inverter
        should do the job.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH