Re: [irlp-embedded] WinSCP Login Problem with Embedded Computer

    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2009
      Please refer to page 8 of the manual.

      http://www.irlp.net/embedded/embedded_info.pdf

      "The SSH port defaults to 15426. This is made to prevent standard
      hacking scripts that hunt SSH servers have a harder time finding your
      machine. This means you have to program port 15426 into any SSH or SCP
      program (such as PuTTY or WinSCP) you may use. Also, if you wish to have
      remote access to your IRLP node, you will need to forward port 15426/TCP
      as well."

      So in both programs, you have to change the port from 22 to 15426.

      As for your issue with the remote admin, the remote admin web address is
      pointing to your "outside" ip address. Some routers do not handle this
      well, as the request they send points right back to itself.

      So when "inside" your router, you have to use the IP address. When
      outside of your router, you can use the stnxxxx.ip.irlp.net.

      ipscone wrote:

      > I have installed WinSCP and Putty to be able to transfer files and login
      > from my Windows computer to the Embedded Node. But something isn't
      > working right.
      >
      > Here are login details:
      >
      > Host Name: 192.168.0.xxx (where xxx is the connection to my node computer)
      > User Name: root
      > Password: (I use my password here)
      > Private Key File: I leave this blank
      > Protocol: SFTP (with fallback to SCP)
      >
      > But the login fails. I get this error:
      > "Network error: Connection refused"
      >
      > I have also tried this with "repeater and repeater password" and "remote
      > and remote password".
      >
      > I have no problem connecting from the web as remote. And the passwords
      > and IP are all correct.
      >
      > What am I missing? I get the same kind of error using Putty. The
      > connection is refused. Was there anything else that must have been
      > installed along with WinSCP and Putty?
      >
      > Is there a server running on the embedded node that is automatically
      > running, to allow this type of connection? I would assume so, or one
      > wouldn't be able to use any sort of SSH which is what I was told was the
      > way to transfer files.
      >
      > What am I missing here?

    • ipscone
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2009
        Tip to self: Read the documentation very slowly and carefully. :-)

        Thanks,
        Mike